I am European, my spouse is filipina, require a visa or perhaps not ? – Great Britain Forum

I am European, my spouse is filipina, require a visa or perhaps not ? – Great Britain Forum

My partner and me personally you want to invest some times in London in September

My spouse is filipina, she’s the residency that is belgian and filipino passport.

We do not find appropriate subjects about it, also on embassy web site it is confusing.

Therefore if we travel togheter with her passport, residency card, wedding and birth certification, DO SHE HAVE TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION FOR A VISA OR PERHAPS NOT ?

We should steer clear of the traditions in UK telling us “No, no entry, your lady requires a visa. “

The visa costs 170EUR here, that is quite a cost

Many Thanks ahead of time for the responses or advice

12 replies for this topic

Maybe you have checked regarding the website that is following?

It seems that she may well not require a visa IF she’s a write-up 10 Residence card – one specifically marked ““Residence Card of a member of family of a Union Citizen”

Needless to say this website was checked by us but :

Are you travelling with or visiting either your lover or even member of the family in britain?

This is the concern we do not comprehend : does it indicate the partner or member of the family (me personally then) has British nationality or nationality that is european ?

When we answer yes, no need visa.

Then a visa is needed if we reply no

For people you can find different definitions. Im maybe perhaps perhaps not inhabitant of UK, and i’m belgian, perhaps maybe maybe not english.

Exactly what your spouse requirements is determined by what kind of residence card she’s. You will find three kinds. Then she only needs a wedding certificate to prove she is married to you (plus a valid passport of course) if she has a residence card issued under Article 10 (with the wording “Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen”) or Article 20 of the Directive (with the wording “Permanent Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen”).

If she’s a residence card granted under Belgian domestic legislation that is maybe not a write-up 10 or Article 20 card as above, then she additionally needs to submit an application for an EEA Family allow. There isn’t any cost for acquiring an EEA Family license.

In either situation, she actually is just eligible to visit the united kingdom if she actually is travelling WITH you, or perhaps you happen to be right here and she actually is going to fulfill you (and she will show it). Like said, its your obligation to check on your situation that is own the conditions for entry are explained right right here:

Your spouse is travelling you are (presumably) the holder of an EEA country passport with you. The critical point is – and just it is possible to respond to this – is when the Residence card is within the proper structure having an explicit mention of the Article 10. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/e…

That is obviously shown regarding the her F card “Residency card of member of the family of an EU citizen”, so I assume we will avoid to pay for fee that is useless. Many Thanks a great deal for the good and quick responses

HI, i’m in a similar situation while you: i am a Belgian, real time and work with Belgium, my partner is Kenyan, she’s got an Belgium F card. It appears it is maybe not a write-up 10 card, therefore I guess we truly need an EEA household license. This will depend on what you browse the relevant question regarding the gov.uk web site as mentioned before : are you considering travelling with or visiting either your lover or a relative in the united kingdom? therefore, does that mean i want to live or act as an Belgium in the united kingdom or otherwise not? I just wish to bring a tourist check out beside me n my partner to London for X-mas.

The second issue: then afther going right through the “apply” website link when you look at the phrase “You must apply online through the Visa4UK solution for the EEA family license” about this internet site: https://www.gov.uk/family-permit when we assume the solution of past real question is Yes, as my spouse will join me personally toghetter to carry a brief stop by at UK, so we do have to apply for an EEA family license, totally free We have to make an application for also to make an application for various kinds of visa’s, however the EEA familypermit is nowhere can be found on https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa THEN we result in some sort of cycle with similar concern on which kind of visa no actual choice of EEA at “submit an application for a see or transportation visa” neither on “Apply for all the visas” I ended up in apply for an 6month visa for a fee of 110 euro afther I run the enormeous questionlist. Therefore in my experience, it isn’t feasible to use for an EEA family license in the website that is official. Can anybody assist? Many Many Thanks

Under many circumstances, your spouse will not get a write-up 10 card (or Article 20 card, which can be similarly good) unless you’re “exercising your straight to movement that is free within an EU/EEA country that is maybe perhaps not your property nation (ie not Belgium). Then you would be exercising that right and your wife could get a card under Article 10 and travel with you to the UK without a visa or an EEA Family Permit if you were living/working (or had lived/worked) in an EU/EEA country outside Belgium (it wouldn’t matter which country. She’d only require her very own passport that is national her wedding certification.

For the 2nd concern, unfortuitously, the internet system does not permit me to see just what alternatives you’re served with unless we create a dummy account and then make an application that is dummy. My understanding is the fact that there are two main dilemmas:

When navigating the internet site, it does not provide you with any choice to pick “EEA Family allow” until FOLLOWING you have got produced a merchant account.

2) also it isn’t obvious which choices you have to make from the various drop-down boxes to reach the option for “EEA Family Permit” after you have created an account,. From memory, i really believe (but just think, because we can;t observe https://realmailorderbrides.com/russian-brides/ russian brides for marriage that area of the website) that you must pick from the boxes the following answers in brackets:


VISA TYPE: EEA/Swiss Family user

VISA SUB-TYPE: Family person in an EEA National

The internet site wizard should then show you through the remainder procedure without any indicator that you must pay a charge.

We queried this not enough clarity/guidance utilizing the office at home recently, and received an answer which they “will observe your feedback with British Visas and Immigration (UKVI) which will be area of the home business office, and can use them to help make the content clearer if necessary” as well as a closing admission for my enquiry.

Edited: 3:53 pm, October 29, 2018

Bài Viết Liên Quan